Tender Loving Calls LLC July 10, 2014 Version 1.0
- Collecting information
- Not Intended for Use by Children
- Using cookies
- Protecting and storing your personal information
- Using personal information
- Sharing personal information with other TLC users
- Sharing personal information with other parties
- Restricting the sharing of your personal information
- Accessing or changing your personal information
- How to contact us with your privacy questions
Your Privacy Is Important.
YOU AGREE THAT TLC SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY LACK OF PRIVACY.
2. Collecting information
When you visit the TenderLovingCalls.com website or use any TLC Services, we collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone, tablet, or other devices. The information sent to us may include data on the TLC Service pages you access, your computer internet protocol address, device identifiers, the type of operating system you’re using, your location, mobile network information, standard web log data and other information. Web log data includes the browser type you’re using and information regarding the traffic to and from our site. When you visit the TenderLovingCalls.com website or use TLC Services, we also collect information about your communication activities.
Throughout this policy, we use the terms “PII” or “personal identifiable information” to describe information associated with a specific individual and that which can identify that specific individual. We do not consider PII to include information that has been made anonymous such that it does not identify a specific individual.
When you create a TLC account or use any TLC Services, we, may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information, which includes your name, home mailing address, phone number, and email address.
TLC does not collect the following information, which you may share with Amazon payment processing services directly:
- Financial information, such as the full bank account numbers and credit card numbers that you provide to Amazon financial services, or another payment vendor in the normal course of your use of TLC Services.
We may obtain information about you from third parties, such as analytics services, marketing companies, telecommunications companies, broadband providers, third-party service providers, credit bureaus, collection agencies, and identity verification services.
In order to help protect you from fraud and misuse of your PII, we may collect information about your use and interaction with our Services. We also may collect information from or about you in other ways, such as through contact with our customer support team or from the results of a user survey. (back)
3. Not Intended for Use by Children
TLC Subscription Services are not intended for, nor are they designed to attract, users under the age of 18 years. TLC’s Terms of Service explicitly prohibit children under the age of 18 years of age from signing up as a Subscriber with their own TLC account, and Subscribers have a responsibility to ensure that the Subscriber oversees any use by guest users of their TLC account or devices. A Subscriber is solely responsible for any activities, including data collection from an underage guest user, which occurs through authorized or unauthorized use of the Subscriber’s account or devices. TLC encourages and expects parents or guardians to be involved in their children’s online activities in order to ensure that no information is collected from a child without a parent or guardian’s permission. (back)
4. Using Cookies
TLC uses both session and persistent Cookies. Session Cookies expire when you log out of your TLC account or close the browser window. Persistent Cookies remain on your computer or other device until you erase them or the Cookies expire.
TLC encodes our Cookies so that we can interpret the information stored in them. You may decline our Cookies if your browser or browser plug-in allows you to do so, but declining a Cookie may interfere with your use of the TLC website and Services. Check the privacy or help sections of your browser applications, its extensions and plug-ins, or its installed applications to learn more about blocking, deleting, or disabling Cookies.
5. Protecting and storing your personal information
We store and process your PII on our computers in the United States, United Kingdom, and elsewhere in the world where our third-party service providers have located their facilities. We protect your PII using industry standard security protections, which may include physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we or our third-party service providers use may include firewalls, data encryption, controls upon physical access to data centers, and access authorization controls for information. We currently host our own servers in a secure datacenter, and we will soon be hosting in a cloud server environment, subject to industry standard security protocols. (back)
6. Using personal information
Our primary purpose in collecting your personally information is to provide you with a secure, useful, efficient, and customized user experience. We may use your personal information to provide:
- TLC Services and customer support;
- processed transactions and delivered notices about your transactions;
- dispute resolution, fee collection, and problem troubleshooting;
- customizations, measurements, and improvements of TLC Services, other devices, and the content, layout, and function of TLC web pages and applications;
- delivery of targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your preferences;
- comparison information for accuracy and verification with third parties.
TLC does not sell or rent your PII to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your personal information with information we collect from other companies and use the information to improve and personalize TLC Services, other devices, advertising, and content. You can indicate your preferences by logging into your account and updating your preferences at any time. As part of our Services, we may call you or text message (SMS) you at a mobile phone number that you have provided to us. (back)
8. Sharing information with other TLC users
You may select features that ask TLC to share your portions of your account information, including PII, with third-party service providers who are other users of the TLC Services and systems. Your contact information, date of registration, the number of payments you have received from TLC users, and whether you have verified control of a designated payment source are provided to other companies with whom who you transact through TLC. If you use TLC devices to screen, store, or log call information, those devices may independently store your account information and usage data, including PII, on their local hard drives and storage. In addition, this and other information may be shared with third parties when you use these third-party services to access TLC Services or other devices. Unless you have agreed to permit use of your information, these third parties are not allowed to use this information for any purpose other than to enable TLC Services. (back)
If you are buying services through TLC, we may also provide the third party with your mailing address to help complete your transaction. The third party is not allowed to use this information to market their services to you unless you have agreed to it. If an attempt to pay the third party fails, or is later invalidated, we may also provide the third party with details regarding the unsuccessful payment.
We work with third parties, including payment services or merchants, to enable them to accept or send payments from or to you for TLC Services. In doing so, a third party may share information about you with us, such as your email address or mobile phone number, to inform you that a payment has been sent to you, or when you attempt to pay a third party. We may use this information to confirm that you are a TLC user or Subscriber with a designated payment source or to send you notification of payment status. In the event that you request that TLC validates your status as a TLC user or Subscriber with a third party, we will do so.
Please note that the third parties with which you transact or through which you make payments have their own privacy policies, and although TLC’s Terms of Service does not allow the other third party to use this information for anything other than providing TLC Services, TLC is not responsible for third-party actions, including their information protection practices.
We will not store your credit card number or bank account number. (back)
9. Sharing information with other parties
We may share your PII or other personal information with:
- Essential service providers who support our business operations with fraud prevention, marketing, bill collection, telecommunications/VoIP, or software services. Our contracts require that these service providers only use your PII or other data in connection with the services they perform for us.
- Credit bureaus and collection agencies to transfer account information, according to applicable law.
- Payment processing companies and banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants in the event that you meet their criteria which includes having TLC to close your TLC Account due to your breach of the TLC Terms of Service.
- Government officials, law enforcement, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to TLC or one of its affiliates; in the event that we need to do so to comply with law or credit card-related laws; or when in our sole discretion, we believe that the disclosure of PII is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal actions, or to investigate violations of our Terms of Service.
- Other third parties, including other TLC users whom you designate for such purposes, with your consent or direction to do so.
TLC will not sell or rent any of your PII to third parties for their marketing purposes and only shares your other personal information with third parties as described in this policy. (back)
TLC is not responsible for the content, data, or information practices of third party websites or applications. If you open a TLC account directly on a third party website or via a third party application, any information that you enter on that website or application (and not directly on a TLC website) will be shared with the owners of the third party website or application. These third-party sites are governed by their own privacy policies, and you are encouraged to review their privacy policies before providing them with personal information of any kind.
10. Restricting the sharing of your personal information
TLC saves your preferences for collection, use, and sharing of Information, Data and Content, including TLC contact preferences. In certain circumstances, national, state, and local laws allow you to restrict sharing of your PII. TLC does not share your PII with third parties for their marketing purposes, unless you have provided explicit consent. You can indicate your data sharing preferences by logging into your account and updating your preferences at any time. (back)
11. Accessing and changing your personal information
13. How to contact us with your privacy questions
TLC is registered in the United States in the State of Delaware, and the registered agent address is: Tender Loving Calls LLC, c/o Agents and Corporations, Inc., 1201 Orange Street, Ste. 600, One Commerce Center, Wilmington, DE 19801.
Review the TLC Terms of Service Agreement, or visit the TLC home page at http://www.tenderlovingcalls.com and click on the “About” link.